Monday, September 7, 2009

Stealing Heaven Review

Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott
Released on June 1, 2008
Summary from Goodreads:
My name is Danielle. I'm eighteen. I've been stealing things for as long as I can remember.
Dani has been trained as a thief by the best - her mother. Together, they move from town to town, targeting wealthy homes and making a living by stealing antique silver. They never stay in one place long enough to make real connections, real friends - a real life.
In the beach town of Heaven, though, everything changes. For the first time, Dani starts to feel at home. She's making friends and has even met a guy. But these people can never know the real Dani - because of who she is. When it turns out that her new friend lives in the house they've targeted for their next job and the cute guy is a cop, Dani must question where her loyalties lie: with the life she's always known - or the one she's always wanted.

My review:
Danielle has always been a thief. She and her mother runs around from town to town stealing silver - something that is not as obvious as diamonds and jewels but can still heft a high price. Dani never connected and made any friends because of all their moving around, however, things change when they move to Heaven where tons of high-end families live and gather.

Personally, I thought Stealing Heaven was very unique because I never realized that people especially teenagers will go around just to steal things and never really get caught. I mean, Dani and her mother went around practically her whole life stealing things and they never got caught and spent any real time in jail.

Dani's character was really established. Her feelings were made known and were made very realistically. I could practically see her as one of the girls I know, silent, quiet, and their ability to just blend in without anyone realizing that they were there. Which is practically what Dani and her mother did for years. I really sympathized with her with her torn decisions - whether to stick with her mom and continue living a life of crime or to break free and live the life that she has always yearned for.

And Greg, someone who you just can't seem to get rid of and eventually he tends to grow on you. At first, Dani wanted nothing to do with him because he's a cop! And for criminals, cops are to be avoided. And his hair. It annoyed her at first but as they bumped into each other more and more and learned more about each other and learned to trust one another, Dani was finally able to open up and let him into her heart. I honestly grew to love him. He's patient and reliable. And even after he found out about her background, he still stuck with her and loved her just for being her.

Overall, Stealing Heaven is an amazing novel about making the right decision despite everything.

My rating:
Plot: 8/10
Theme: 9/10
Characters: 9/10
Cover: 8/10
Recommendation: 9/10
Total: 43/50 = 86%

Juiciliciousss Reviews <3

7 comments:

ReggieWrites said...

I've been debating whether or not I should get this one...Thanks to your review, I will! Your reviews are extremely helpful for me :-)

Reggie :-)

Kelsey said...

I loved this book! It's the only one I've read by Elizabeth Scott- but I really enjoyed it. Nice review(:

Michelle said...

Great review! This is the only Elizabeth Scott novel I haven't read yet. I'm sure I'll love it though I mean, it's Elizabeth Scott! ;D

anndrreaaa said...

I just added this tp my TBR today when I saw it on another blog. Looks like a good read! Good review.

Looks like we have similar book interests so I'm following your blog now :]

-Andrea

http://ireadd.blogspot.com

^Enter @ my blog for a chance to win Summer Boys by Hailey Abbott! ;]

anndrreaaa said...

oh BTW i'm in love w/ your template, it's so pretty!

Taste Life Twice said...

I'm really thinking of grabbing this one...especially bcuz it's by elizabeth scott.

I love ur blog name.

~Tashi

Melanie said...

I have been wanting to read this book for a very long time. It sounds great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Juiciliciousss Reviews © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*