Thursday, January 22, 2009

Special: Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox & Oh. My. Gods. Reviews

Sooooo, because I'm totally lagging behind on my really long list of books to be reviewed. I'm going to do a SPECIAL and review TWO books (mini reviews though!) that I had already finished about 2-3 weeks ago. (I know, I'm slow. shhh)



Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer

Summary from Amazon:
Artemis's mother has contracted a deadly disease--and the only cure lies in the brain fluid of African lemurs. Unfortunately, Artemis himself was responsible for making the lemurs extinct five years ago. Now he must enlist the aid of his fairy friends to travel back in time and save the lemur. Not only that, but he must face his deadliest foe yet: his younger self.

My review:
I've always loved the Artemis Fowl series so, in my book, this book is already amazing even before I had picked it up. :] There were so many funny/weird parts in this book. Like when Artemis (elder) kept thinking how immature his younger self was. It was really funny. :) And the extremely awkward part when Holly and Artemis kissed. Very awkward. Anyway, the whole book was very confusing to some degree since at the end (SPOILERS!!), Artemis' mom wa actually that evil woman who was actually there a few days before the whole time warp thing. I was sooo confused. It took me a while to understand the whole thing: the evil lady (I forgot her name xD) somehow time warped with them and....somehow went a few days ahead so she acted like Artemis' mom so she would convince Artemis to find the lemur who went into the time warp to get the lemur and somehow got the evil lady warped as well when they came back. Confusing. Very confusing.

My rating:
92/100

Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs

Summary from Amazon:

A modern girl’s comedic odyssey in a school filled with the descendants of Greek gods.
When Phoebe’s mom returns from Greece with a new husband and moves them to an island in the Aegean, Phoebe’s plans for her senior year and track season are ancient history. Now she must attend the uberexclusive academy, where admission depends on pedigree, namely, ancestry from Zeus, Hera, and other Greek gods. That’s right, they’re real, not myth, and their teen descendants are like the classical heroes—supersmart and superbeautiful with a few superpowers. And now they’re on her track team! Armed only with her Nikes and the will to win, Phoebe races to find her place among the gods.

My review:
OMG!!! I loved this book!!! At first, I was like: weird cover. I mean, naked guy except for that strip of band across his uhh, you know what, was kind of ....intriguing and amusing. :] And I've always loved mythology so this book mixed with mythology and romance seemed perfect for me. The book was so good that I finished in like...3 hours. No joke. I was addicted. I can't believe I didn't pick this book up until last month. But anyway, the ending was kind of predictable since it was kind of hinted throughout the entire book so I wasn't overly surprised. And now, with the ending so cliff-hanging, I really, really want to read more about Phoebe and her newfound Goddess-given powers. :D Cannot wait until the new sequel comes out! Hopefully I'll get an ARC of it soon...hopefully.

My rating:
97/100

Juiciliciousss Reviews <3

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Juiciliciousss Reviews © 2008 Por *Templates para Você*